This is me

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Outing

Wednesday (15th Feb 06)

Team outing to Wonder La on Mysore Road.

TimeDiary
7:30 am - Woke up and got ready for the day ahead. Picked up comfy clothes for an outing.
8:45 am - Left for office.
9:10 am - Reached office and noticed that breakfast was still on its way.. :d Tried to track my speedpost letter. Without any results :(
9:45 am - All went to cafeteria for breakfast. Took some snaps and enjoyed the breakfast with sambar coming in coffee cups ;)
10:30 am - We all left for wonderla in a mazda. Uncomfy but ok. Some discussions ongoing all the way. Some snaps. Some "snakes" ( as some people write outside their eateries..instead of snacks").
12 noon - Reached WonderLa. Our boss got us ticks and we all went into the amusement park.

After this I lost track of time.

We decided to go for Wet rides first.
We all jumped into the swimming pool like kids jumping into a puddle of water :d
I almost drowned the first time i went on a slide. I dont' know swimming and i had entered the water very fast. Was there for some few hard secs of my life!! I thought this is it.. my life's over.

I was groping around in water trying to catch any damn thing that comes in my way. Finally someone pulled me out of the water and i am here writing this blog ;) For all further rides, my colleagues were around to save me from any such incidents. We went on all possible water rides available - Water pendulum, harakiri etc etc.The last one and the most amazing was the Wonder Splash ride. Here's a of glimpse of it.


Finally we felt the pangs of hunger and didnt realise it was 3 pm! So we went to our locker rooms changed and headed towards the restaurant.

We ate a lot and after some digestion break we hit off for the dry rides.

The first one was a total ulta pulta ride.




It first takes a full 180 deg turn to make you comfy. I opened my eyes at that time only to feel like a bat!!! After that all the fast motion started making me dizzy. Unlike i expected i did'nt puke! Well that was quite an achievement considering my fear of heights. That was the last 360 deg ride i went on!

The rest went on all such rides with giant wheels bringing you down with your heads down!!!

The next step was to visit the clock tower with a giant wheel atop it!
Here's a snap:




The height of the tower is 50 m and the giant wheel is another 30 m on top of it.
My acrophobia started on the way atop the tower. with a glass on one side of the lift it was getting worse. Finally i landed safe and sound. But nowhere near to the boundary of the terrace. I wasn't going to go onto the giant wheel but was dragged into it. Thinking that boxes will be all covered and i won't be able to see much! Only to my dismay the base of the box was like this:


I could see ground 80 m below me!!! I closed my eyes after this! And when the giant wheel moved.. I was...

But i enjoyed the whole trip. I did things i never thought i would do ever! Like sliding into cold water swimming pool, going on a topsy-turvy a ride, gliding along a water slide from a height and most important going in the Giant Wheel! Well I havent' conquered the acrophobia but i hope to strengthen myself and get back to it!

That's all about it right now.. I enjoyed a good day out!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home