This is me

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Am I capable ?

I am not going through an appraisal time. Actually it's a promotions time in my co. But as usual i did'nt make it. In my opinion I should have. But i guess the co feels that i will stay with them whatever it may be. I am may be a person who is easily replaceable. But i know i am not. Anyways.. those are my opinions.

I am not jealous about anyone getting promoted. But when i know I should have then i fight for it.

If i dont' get reason about why another person is promoted or rather when i am not satisfied with the answer i surely go an cross question. I do have that much right.

It's a big bad world out there. And being in bangalore you have to just have to give an inkinling to any consultant and you'll have 10s of interviews to answer.

But the point is not about changing jobs (of course it would come out if conditions worsen.), it's rather about why you are denied something. I need to get the reason why i was denied. This time i need the truth. Coz i know the reason i am told is not. The reason does not fit into my bill of understanding.

At the end of all this talks and blah blahs, I know I am good. :D
At any cost I cannot lower my morale. And that's what I am attempting to do.

Some days back I was going mad thinking about all sorts of reasons why I was denied promotion. I had lost all hope in me. I guess it happens when you feel you are not appreciated. As I mentioned in my profile, I am a phoenix. I am trying to rise once again.. :D

Hope this thinking continues... :)

5 Comments:

  • ...thinkin'.....thinkin'......bling!!

    so u were talkin' bout this post in that comment (erm thoughts section)?

    so tell me are you allowed to question why you're denied promotion and/or are you allowed to question why your peer got the promotion? hmm u did ask u say...but it seems they can answer if they wish to...

    you have to just have to give an inkinling to any consultant and you'll have 10s of interviews to answer.
    is there some way you can explain this...please!

    BITSian ki ye haalat hai toh mera kya hoga?

    hey phoenix....it's time to rIsE!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 11, 03:32:00 AM PDT  

  • yes now you have to think and pen ur thoughts :D

    yes i asked and the answers i got are false. Actually there's a grp which is struggling and we are trying our best to get it done. but anyways. No use.

    There cannot be a no-answer to a promotion. There has to be a reason. if it's valid it has to be shared.

    You just have to drop in ur resume to a consultant and they get you 10s of interviews.

    By Blogger Ashwini, at Thu May 11, 04:47:00 AM PDT  

  • ... = effective pause
    .... = thanked (past of think)
    ..... = kuchh not samjhing
    ...... = spam (hehe)

    .... so basically u wr cross examining or u found out later that those reasons were false. why would they want to do that...y towards you (or is it your team or something).
    anyways how can u be sitting, saying "No Use".....

    consultant = offline version of monsterindia.com/naukri.com?

    p.s. how did you endure that scary face on my blog and wrote your helpful comment...and i was just getting so tired doing the entire blogging thing alone...no one gets time, or material to post (arre main kahan copy paste karta hoon), u can see from my comments itself...loooong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 11, 08:39:00 AM PDT  

  • Actually I found out later that they were telling me a twisted version of the truth. Anyways i cannot express it further than this.

    Yes i had to endure that snap. the best way was to not look at it :d Sorry but i get scared of someone staring back at me :D

    May be you are not aware of the job scenario. Consultants are people or team of ppl who help out companies hire talent at a certain amount. So they do the hunting for the specific resumes and send across to the companies. and mind you there are tons of them around here.

    Naukri and Monster are just some job portals.

    By Blogger Ashwini, at Thu May 11, 09:01:00 AM PDT  

  • Anyways i cannot express it further than this.
    please don't...i didn't mean to ugalwa-fy stuff from you. just learning the ground realities.

    so consultants are different. hmm these job portals come nowhere near that? u're meaning head hunters kind of ppl aren't u? thanks for "opening" my eyes... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu May 11, 03:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home